Friday, September 09, 2005

Yarns, ripping and otherwise

After Carlos mentioned the DVD release of Ripping Yarns on his blog a while back, I felt a strange, uncanny compulsion to get my own copy. I remember seeing episodes from this series on the dorm TV while doing laundry years ago at Thee U. -- that is, when there wasn't a mob of frat guys hanging around and insisting on watching MTV's Top Ten or a football game instead. I can't help but wonder whether it's really as funny as it seemed then. Will it be as appealing when I can watch it at my leisure, instead of having to catch precarious and fragmentary glimpses in between trips to the washer and dryer?

Until then, there's Tales From the Vault, the Library of Canada's tribute to Canadian adventure yarns, to tantalize a taste for delicious pulpy goodness.

1 comment:

Felix said...

Carlos @ 9:53PM | 2005-09-13| permalink

Ripping Yarns is more leisurely than Flying Circus, but there are still plenty of good jokes in most of the episodes.