Monday, October 10, 2005

Personal update (or, I Am Cursed.)

I've been delinquent in updating this blog lately, and particularly neglectful of personal news.

For any readers of this occasional and desultory blog who haven't heard from me personally in the past few weeks, the first big news is that I've taken another part-time job in the library of a vocationally-oriented private college up in Michael Moore's home town. Let's call it Busy Bee College. This brings to three the number of part time jobs that I am scrambling back and forth between while trying to keep body and soul together in this so-called profession.

The second big news is that I may not be able to keep getting to any of them, since someone stole my car this weekend. I'll spend the afternoon trying to get the registration and insurance updated on the old truck. Won't it be fun commuting for 120 miles a day at 12 miles per gallon.

May pestilential, painful, incurable boils infest all car thieves everywhere. May their balls shrivel, their teeth fall out, their eyes go blind, and their limbs be struck by quivering palsy. May they live in excruciating pain, crawling upon their bellies for all to look upon and jeer at and kick them like the despicable animals they are.

1 comment:

Felix said...

Carlos @ 3:02PM | 2005-10-10| permalink

Sorry to hear about the car. Was that Shadowfax?

I'm amazed at how much you're reading.

email | website

Felix @ 4:46PM | 2005-10-10| permalink

The deluge of books is the result of a six-month backlog.\

"Shadowfax"? You're a couple of cars behind. This is my granddad's Pontiac Parisienne -- much like the big car of yours that we drove up to the U.P.

email | website

YAM @ 10:22PM | 2005-10-10| permalink

Yikes! That's a real bummer. Best of luck with the truck and with recovering the Parisienne.