Tuesday, August 10, 2004

RefGrunting again

(From notes compiled during an evening reference shift last week:)

Video about the Natchez Trace. I am pleasantly surprised to find that the library has this series.

Teen Summer Reading Program raffle tickets.

Teen Summer Reading Program raffle tickets.

Can I return a video from Nearby Public Library here? (Yes! We're one big happy network!)

When did the library mail my holds notification to me?

(In a very loud voice:) "Is S(garble) here?" When I ask for clarification of who S(garble) might be, patron waves his hand dismissively, says "GAAAAHH!" and stomps away.

Place holds on six audiobooks for telephone caller.

Grants for the Physically and Mentally Disabled.

Home improvement books.

Stapler.

The Shootist.

Tapes 4 and 5 of The Dutchess of Duke Street, Vol. 2

Teen Summer Reading Program raffle tickets.

What's the FAFSA school code number for C. University?

Mechanical manual for a Pontiac Grand Am.

Where are the back issues of Wizard magazine? (Sorry, but we only started receiving it this summer.)

Do we carry Elderhostel?

What songs are on this CD? (Library stickers and paraphenalia obscure playlist on rear cover.)

Phone message: "I want to place a hold on an item." Sadly, caller does not supply name, telephone number, nor information about the title desired.

Where do I pick up my printouts?

No comments: