Monday, October 18, 2010

Become a magazine publisher for just $1.00

Douglas Cohen, editor of Realms of Fantasy, reports sad news:
I invested more than $50,000.00 of my own money into reviving this magazine. I tried every traditional method I could think of to increase the circulation, but nothing worked. I also spent a great deal of money trying nontraditional methods....

...Ultimately, I believe Realms failed because of a terrible economic climate. When I purchased the magazine I did not believe that the worst economy since the Great Depression would actually get worse; that was a mistake.

Should there be any interest in purchasing the magazine I will gladly sell Realms to a responsible party for $1.00 and give them the finished files for the December issue....

So. Any optimistic would-be magazine moguls out there?

No comments: