Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Guide to Pr*blematical Listserv Posters

If I ever compile a "Top Ten List of Signs You Spend Too Much Time Reading Library Weblogs And Listservs", one of them is going to be the following:

#: Seeing the name "Don S*kl*d", or the phrase "Guide to Pr*blematical Library Use", or any reference whatsoever to the B*st*n Public Library, makes you scream in fury and lunge for the delete key. Over... and over... and over... and over.... and over....

See why here. But only if you're very, very brave. Or bored. I've been known to be a cranky and obsessive library user from time to time, but this guy takes the cake. He has a couple of weblogs of his own which the interested can easily find by searching Google, but I ain't postin' no links to 'em. It's enough of a nuisance that his name shows up a dozen times a day in my e'mail inbox whenever he decides to harangue one of the listservs I'm on. (And, no, the e'mail service I'm using doesn't allow for mail blocking unless you pony up cash for the "Platinum" option. Grrr.)

No comments: