Monday, November 27, 2006

More collegiate silliness

Don't criticize the theists. In fact, don't even criticize the leprechauns, or the "energy layers" that your fellow students think they inhabit. Or you will be expelled from such enlightened institutions as the Art Institute of Portland.

And more collegiate silliness

Dartmouth Official Apologizes for Inviting the 'Fighting Sioux' to Tournament.

Selected comments:
Indian mascots are racist imagery intended to promote white supremacy and anti-indianism....

Once again we have PC gone insane....

Too bad the NCAA cannot enforce high academic standards for university athletes, white and black and brown and red, rather than this issue.....

Heh. I wonder if Dartmouth would engage the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. Or is that pugnacious little leprechaun not a racial stereotype?....

Speaking of PC – I’m surprised the Christian fundamentalists aren’t up in arms over my favorite team: Whitman College’s “Fighting Missionaries”....

My mother grew up in Denmark, and I’m offended by the use of “Viking” as the mascot of the Minnesota NFL team....

it should be noted that dartmouth regularly schedules the penn quakers and the holy cross crusaders, but apparently does not consider these cognomens to be “offensive.”...

I think I’m going to start petitioning PETA to get the fauna out of big-time prep, college, and pro sports. No more lions and tigers and bears (and bruins), oh my....

No comments: