Monday, September 20, 2004

Making connections

Ytown-blogger Mark Maynard recently initiated a meetup of local bloggers at a downtown bar. The party was winding down by the time my work schedule permitted me to drop by, but there was enough life left to keep me engrossed in conversation with kindred souls like Steve and Hillary and Brett S. Unfortunately, the unpredictable flow of the social tides kept me from meeting MM himself or YpsiDixit, whose writing I've admired from time to time (and who, judging from occasional recent postings, seems to have at least a passing interest in the local ferroequines.) I look forward to any future meetups with local and regional bloggers. Perhaps I will learn at last why a nearby burg is overrated.

P.S. For the benefit of any reader who knows not my face: no, I'm not in any of the meetup pictures. You'll have to keep guessing.

No comments: