Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Theater thuggery

When I left the State Theater Saturday evening, I noticed that there were police officers and an ambulance near the front door. I didn't find out why until I read this article from the Detroit Free Press.

.... According to police, [Paul] Elrod was talking loudly Saturday night in the State Theater during a showing of "The Triplets of Belleville" when Eisenbach turned around and said "Shush."

Elrod became irate and turned to his wife and said, "Should I bitch-slap this guy?"

He then began talking in Eisenbach's ear, kicking his seat, throwing popcorn and spitting on him. Eisenbach rose and turned to Elrod and said "Excuse me."

Elrod hit him in the face, the pair grappled and Eisenbach was pushed 13 feet down the stairs of the stadium seating-style theater. He suffered fractured ribs, a collapsed lung and cuts.


Book 'im, Dano. And while you're at it, you might want to investigate the fact that he "says he is on disability due to an injured leg."

(See? Sometimes I support the police!)

No comments: