Thursday, October 09, 2003

D'oh.

I've been absent from the blogiverse for the past couple of days. On Tuesday morning I realized to my horror and disgust that the standard letter I had used as the basis for virtually every cover letter I sent out in the past two months included a stupid, stupid error which needed to be corrected as soon as possible. (Bad form, old chap.) Two days, a ream of paper, and about $15.00 in postage later, I've managed to send out corrections for all the applications from October and September. Next, I get to go back and check the August letters to see if the same error lurked in them.

1 comment:

Felix said...

Carlos @ 9:39AM | 2003-10-10| permalink

Back when I was looking for a teaching job I discovered months into the search that the phone number I listed on my CV had the incorrect area code!

Whatever your error was, it didn't stop those five or six universities from offering you interviews, so it wasn't fatal.

email | website

Felix @ 2:29PM | 2003-10-10| permalink

However, it does indicate that those five or six universities were not very careful about comparing the amount of experience stated in the cover letter with the past employment information in the resume. Not a good sign for their overall level of intellectual rigor.

email | website